If you were involved in the holiday proposal season, congratulations! This is an exciting time for you and your now fiancé. There are so many things to discuss to make the wedding day and honeymoon as memorable as possible, but how about after the honeymoon? Before a proposal, many couples have conversations about values, dislikes, future life plans, and careers. After the proposal, discussions may revolve around the wedding. Topics such as expectations in a marriage and future parenthood can take a back seat. This is one of the reasons why premarital counseling can be a great idea. The process will give you and your partner a chance to speak more deeply about topics related to your future marriage and will dedicate time every week to have these conversations with a trained professional guiding you. I want to provide some questions you and your fiancé can discuss to start in planning for your future marriage. Good luck!
- What do you want our relationship to look like in the next 5 years?
- Where do you see us living in the next 5 years (new house, new city, new country)?
- What will our roles as husband and wife look like?
- Where do you see your career taking you in the next 5 years?
- How many kids (if any) would you like to have and when?
- Are there any important holidays you would like to spend with your family, and how will we split them?
If you have any further questions about this topic or to schedule a session with one of our clinicians, please CONTACT US.
Never miss a new blog post! Sign-up for our NEWSLETTER on our homepage.